If you have a mandatory meeting with management, here are several things you should know
- Contact a grievance rep immediately, contact information is below.
- Best to call them, rather than email, as they fly the line too!
- Grievance reps are specially trained to prep you for the meetings, to be there with you during the meetings and to take notes.
- Meetings can be re-scheduled if you are not able to get a rep to the originally scheduled meeting.
- Even if you don’t think you need a grievance rep, best to have one there even if just to take notes and be a witness.
- Documentation and a paper trail is essential, especially if a grievance is filed later on.
- Don’t worry, your reps will be with you.
- Reps can represent you even if they are not based in the same base as you.