To: All Compass Airlines Employees
From: John Theodor, Manager Employee Travel
Date: December 16, 2015
Re: American Airlines 2016 Enrollment
The American Airlines travel program is available for enrollment for the 2016 calendar year. The travel year is from January 1 through December 31. If you had previously enrolled under the 2015 travel year, that program ends December 31, 2015 at midnight. American allows employees to enroll at any point throughout the travel year. Full enrollment fees apply regardless of when the employee wishes to enroll. Administrative fees are not refundable.
To be eligible to participate in this travel program, employees must be Los Angeles based or the Compass corporate office which directly supports the American Airlines operation.
For those who do not qualify for the American travel program, standard ZED Medium travel is still available under a separate agreement with American via My ID Travel.
To enroll, download the American Airlines Travel Application ET 0205-2 (CP-AA) off the Compass employee website. From the home page, locate Technical Publications (under the Department tab), then Forms. The forms are alphabetized, scroll until you locate ET 0205-2 and download the form. Once you have completed and signed the application, forward to Employee Travel by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax 314-558-7937.
- Spouse or Domestic Partner (Domestic Partner must be documented)
- Dependent children until age 18 (birth certificate required)
- Dependent full time student until age 24 (documentation per semester required)
- Registered Companion (if Spouse/Domestic Partner not identified)
- Parents of the Employee (no in-laws) (employee birth certificate) Enrollment Fees
- $75.00 for Employee
- $50.00 for each eligible traveler
Enrollment fees with American are payroll deducted over three (3) consecutive paychecks and will appear as Travel Cards on your paystub.
All flight listings are created via My ID Travel. Select the Existing Ticket/Book or List for Flights tab at the top of the page. Select leisure travel if that option is given.
- Select the Existing Ticket/Book or List for Flights tab at the top of the page
- Choose either AA or American from the drop menu. Enter a generic ticket number beginning with airline accounting code (003) followed by 10 zero’s (e.g., 0030000000000). To add multiple travelers, click the Add button. The ticket number must be sequential by changing the last digit of the example to 1, 2, 3,
- Enters requested information. If you have an approved Domestic Partner, use the Spouse option in the drop menu
- Select flight(s). If no flights appear, use the Multiple Legs option
- Complete listing
- An email will be sent from myIDTravel to the employee’s email account
- Employee must then forward the confirmation email to email@example.com for ticketing at AAC fare level. Please allow time for Employee Travel to process. Requests are normally ticketed within a few hours of receipt. Please keep in mind that Employee Travel is open Monday-Friday 0900-1700CST (holidays excluded). The employee must also provide debit/credit card information (account, expiration date, CIV) for taxes and/or parent travel service charges
- Before ticketing, Employee Travel will confirm that the employee is eligible for the AAC travel program. (i.e., assigned to the American Eagle operation)
Travel is fee waived, plus any government/airport imposed taxes. A service charge is collected for parent travel and is collected per non-stop segment plus any applicable taxes.
The priority code AAC will appear on the standby list above D3 (buddy travelers) as in the example below. A bulletin (N*APS15065) has been issued to the gate agents which includes a reminder to the agents and instructions regarding accommodating employees and accompanying eligible travelers above D1 (vacation passes) on Compass aircraft. The bulletin is attached to the end of this memo, you may want to refer to this bulletin should you encounter issues during check-in or at the ticket counter and/or gate.
Imputed income (taxable wages) applies to Domestic Partner and/or Registered Companion. This tax is imposed by the IRS and will be deducted from the next available paycheck after the report is received from American Airlines. Generally this tax is figured using 10% of the lowest unrestricted fare (refundable coach). The employee is not charged the full imputed income amount, just the tax based on that amount.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAR APS15065 0S APS15065
3N XX XX
4N XX CUSTOMER PLANNING ADVISORY XX
5N XX XX
8N . . . APS15065
9N AUGUST 31, 2015
11N SUBJECT: AAC PRIORITY CODE
14N ATTN: LAA CUSTOMER CARE
17N DATE: AUGUST 31,2015
21N EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, EMPLOYEES OF NON-WHOLLY OWNED
22N REGIONAL AIRLINES WILL HAVE PRIORITY ABOVE OTHER
23N EMPLOYEES WHEN TRAVELING ON THEIR OWN CARRIER.
28N WITH THE ADOPTION OF THE LUS POLICY, THE FOLLOWING SEVEN
29N NON-WHOLLY OWNED CARRIERS WHO SUPPORT THE LAA AND LUS
30N OPERATION WILL UTILIZE PRIORITY CODE AAC.
32N AIR WISCONSIN (ZW).
33N COMPASS (CP).
34N EXPRESSJET (EV)
35N MESA (YV)
36N REPUBLIC (YX)
37N SKYWEST (OO)
38N TRANS STATES (AX).
40N LAA PROCEDURES
42N EMPLOYEES OF THESE CARRIERS WILL HAVE AN E TICKET IN
43N THIER PNR CREATED BY THEIR PASS TRAVEL BUREAU. THE E
44N TICKET WILL CONTAIN THE PRIORITY CODE AAC IN THE
45N REMARKS AND SSR CKIN FIELD. THE PRIORITY CODE AAC
46N WILL ALSO APPEAR ON THE PRIORITY LIST ON ALL MAINLINE
47N AND REGIONAL FLIGHTS BELOW D2P AND BEFORE D3.
49N EXAMPLE OF PNR:
51N 1.1 REGIONAL/EMPLOYEE 2.1REGIONAL/PARENT
53N . 2 TE 0012190575477 REGIO/E HDQ5ZED 1137/28AUG
54N . 3.TE 0012190575478 REGIO/E HDQ5ZED 1137/28AUG
55N AA FACTS
56N . 1.SSR CKIN /AAC STANDBY CHECK 1.1 REGIONAL/E
57N . IN PRIORITY AAC NN1
59N WHEN TRAVELING ON THEIR OWN METAL, THESE EMPLOYEES
60N AND THEIR ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENTS WILL BE PROCESSED
61N AHEAD OF ALL OTHER NON-REVS, INCLUDING MAINLINE
62N EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYEES OF OTHER REGIONAL CARRIERS.
63N THIS WILL REQUIRE THAT AGENTS WORK THE LIST OUT OF ORDER.
65N HOWEVER, WHEN WORKING MAINLINE AND OTHER REGIONAL FLIGHTS
66N THAT ARE NOT THEIR OWN METAL, THE LISTS WILL BE WORKED
67N IN THE ORDER IN WHICH IT APPEARS.
69N EXAMPLE OF PRIORITY LIST:
71N AA 2473 28AUG LAX 46B 210P 321 PRIORITY LIST
72N T 1 D2R RETIREE TEST F DFW NB
73N T 2 AAC REGIONAL EMPL F DFW NB
74N T 3 AAC REGIONAL PAR F DFW NB
75N T 4 D3 GUEST DEETH Y DFW NB
77N IF THIS LIST IS A MAINLINE FLIGHT, THEN THE PRIORITY
78N LIST WOULD BE WORKED IN ORDER.
80N IF THIS WAS A NON-WHOLLY OWNED REGIONAL CARRIER, AND
81N THE AAC WAS AN EMPLOYEE OF THAT REGIONAL CARRIER, THE
82N AAC WOULD BE PROCESSED AHEAD OF THE D2R.
87N LAA ALISON.ANDERSON@AA.COM 817-963-8711
93N ISSUED BY
95N TIM MCMAHAN
96N SR. MANAGER
97N CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY AND PROCEDURE
*AA OPEN P-NONE 02SEP15 411