A resource for members questions concerning PBS bidding, FLICA, SCP bidding, scheduling and contract issues, and rest violations.
- What does the Scheduling Committee Do?
- Why Would I Contact the Scheduling Committee?
- Links to Information and Guides
- Who Do I Contact for Assistance?
- AFA Committees are staffed by member flight attendants, if you have the desire to be a part of this committee or a different AFA Compass Committee, please let your LEC and MEC officers know.
- Scheduling Committee News
What Does the Scheduling Committee Do?
The scheduling committee assists members who have questions or concerns regarding PBS, FLICA, SCP, rest violations, and scheduling issues. This committee also works with crew planning and crew scheduling on matters pertaining to building pairings. This committee also works closely with ALPA (Compass Pilots Union) in these matters. This Committee may be composed of members with knowledge of the contract FAR’s, flight time/duty time/crew rest/guidelines. Computer competency is generally a requirement for this committee.
Purpose and Scope:
Recommend and assist in building sequences of trips and days off into monthly lines of time.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with provisions in the contract dealing with legalities and scheduling.
- Discuss any scheduling problems with
- Monitor management to see that established rules and procedures are complied with and that the agreement is not
- Inform the MEC of any suggestions for improvement in
- Establish history of schedules, save monthly schedules, bid awards, staffing numbers, monthly total hours, reserve ratios, thus building documentation for
- Conduct monthly staffing meeting management representative to decide base staffing and amount of time to be built into
- Be in charge of monthly communication with LEC officers and flight attendants. Post sheet detailing current staffing information and scheduling information in crew
- Keep a notebook of written comments and concerns of the flight attendants in order to be responsive to membership
- Create as many good schedules as possible. Establish the priorities of the membership (usually consistent trips on consistent days) and build schedules
- Committee members are responsible for coordinating with the LEC chair, who then shall report to the LEC
- The LEC chair should maintain files and transfer them to her/his successor.
- The committee members shall report to the LEC officers on any discussions with The committee will act as a liaison between the membership and the LEC officers.
- The committee shall not make a policy which conflicts with LEC or AFA-CWA policy. Any AFA-CWA committee appointed by the LEC and empowered to conduct discussions with management on behalf of the flight attendants must first meet with the LEC officers prior to forming any agreement to gain the direction of the
- Recommendations for change shall be presented to the LEC officers in
- Any AFA-CWA committee appointed by the LEC and empowered to conduct discussions or negotiations with management of behalf of the flight attendants must first meet with the LEC prior to forming any agreement to gain the direction of the
Why Would I Contact the Scheduling Committee?
- If you have questions concerning your bidding and the resulting awards, the scheduling committee is the vehicle to get your questions answered and to investigate your concerns.
- It is also the vehicle to assist you in learning how to bid most effectively. Often times flight attendants are confused or unsure about bidding and do not maximize their preferences during the PBS bidding process.
- If you feel that there are illegalities in your trip, this is the committee to contact in order to research them.
- The scheduling committee is familiar with provisions in the contract dealing with legalities and scheduling. They can research if an issue is a violation or a frustration.
Information and Guides
- Interpreting a Trip Pairing
- Monthly Archive of Bid Packages and Bid Awards (View Original Pairings and Block Hours for Payroll and Tax Purposes)
- Monthly Bid Dates and Times
- Scheduling Committee Page
–PBS (AOS Monthly Line and Reserve Schedule Bidding)–
- NEW! 2018 ©PBS Bidding Guide by AFA Compass
- NEW! 2018 © PBS Reserve Bidding Guide by AFA Compass
- PBS (AOS Systems) – On Line Bidding Instructions
- PBS (AOS Systems) – Bidding Tips
- PBS (AOS Systems) – PBS Awards Reasons Report
–IOCC Netline (Monthly Trip Trading, Pick Up and Dropping Tool)–
- IOCC Netline – Training Tutorial from Compass
- IOCC Netline – User Guide by Shanna Good
- IOCC Netline – Training Video by Flight Attendant Mariana Magness
- IOCC Netline – How to Drop Trips in Open Time by Mariana Magness Video
- Why Can’t I Drop Any Trips Into Open Time?
–Ascension (Domicile and Vacation Bidding Tool)–
- Ascension Base Bid and Vacation – Registration Guide
- Ascension System and Vacation Bidding Guide – Compass Provided
- Ascension Vacation Bidding Guide – AFA Scheduling Committee Authored
- Ascension Vacation Trading Guide – AFA Scheduling Committee Authored
- Scheduling Committee Description
- Bid Packages – Archived
–Seniority Lists with Hire Dates, Probation Ending Dates, and FA-A Prohibition Dates–
- Seniority Lists – Company Wide Wide
- Seniority List – LAX
- Seniority List – SEA
- Seniority List – PHX
- Scheduling Committee Description
Contact the Scheduling Committee
- Quick Submit – Scheduling Assistance Request
- Committee Roster
- Scheduling Committee E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Volunteering with AFA Compass? Please Contact