Professional Standards Committee
Attempts to resolve issues between coworkers in a confidential manner before Compass management would become involved with potential disciplines being issued.
- What does the Professional Standards Committee Do?
- Why Would I Contact the Professional Standards Committee?
- Links to Information and Guides
- Who Do I Contact for Assistance on the Professional Standards Committee?
- AFA Committees are staffed by member flight attendants, if you have the desire to be a part of this committee or a different AFA Compass Committee, please let your LEC and MEC officers know.
- Professional Standards Committee News
What does the Professional Standards Committee Do?
Professional Standards is part of the EAP, Employee Assistance Program. And while all of the AFA EAP committee members for Compass Airlines are thoroughly trained in EAP matters; some specialize in helping members address Professional Standards issues. The Professional Standards focus is to offer guidance and coaching, outside of management, to resolve conflicts between crew members. Both flight deck and cabin crew.
Why Would I Contact the Professional Standards Committee?
The Professional Standards Committee is your vehicle for expressing concerns regarding any disputes with fellow co-workers. This could be with another Flight Attendant or a pilot. We work with ALPA Professional Standards for Pilot related incidents. It is our hope that issues can be resolved before management would become involved. That would keep all parties from being subjected to investigation.
If you have an issue you would like Professional Standards to assist you with: Please contact Professional Standards before approaching the company. Please provide as much information as possible. Such as: Name, Date, Description of Incident, Actions Taken to Resolve, Flight Number, Employee Number, Pictures, Names of Those Involved. Some of these are only applicable depending on the incident. For example pictures of a messy galley are great evidence.
Information and Guides
- Helping to Resolve Co Worker Issues
- Professional Standards Committee Description
- Professional Standards Committee Page
Contact the Professional Standards Committee
- Quick Submit – Professional Standards Assistance Request
- Committee Roster
- Professional Standards E Mail: email@example.com
Interested in Volunteering with AFA Compass? Please Contact