The Negotiating Committee is responsible for negotiating contracts with the airline under the rules of the National Railway Labor Act and as outlined by the Association of Flight Attendants Constitution and By Laws.
- What does the Negotiations Committee Do?
- Why Would I Contact the Negotiations Committee?
- Links to Information and Guides
- Who Do I Contact for Assistance?
- AFA Committees are staffed by member flight attendants, if you have the desire to be a part of this committee or a different AFA Compass Committee, please let your LEC and MEC officers know.
- Communications Committee News
What Does the Negotiations Committee Do?
This committee is charged with negotiating, on behalf of Compass flight attendants, new contracts with the company. The Master Executive Council shall select the Negotiating Committee from among the active members in good standing. The Negotiating Committee shall function until an agreement is concluded under the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, and shall remain an active committee until the next Negotiating Committee is selected. A new committee shall be selected nine (9) months prior to the date a “Section 6 Notice” is served, providing however, that the Master Executive Council by majority vote may replace any member of the Negotiating Committee at any time. If a member of the Negotiating Committee resigns, the Master Executive Council may select a replacement. The Negotiating Committee selected should include a member, or members, who have had previous experience, insofar as is practicable.
Why Would I Contact the Negotiations Committee?
If you have ideas or concerns that you would like addressed during contract negotiations, the Negotiations Committee is charged with reviewing such proposals. If you have advance proposals before the Negotiations Committee is created, please bring those to the attention of your LEC and MEC officers.
Information and Guides
- Our Contract
- SCP Q & A
- SCP MOU – Memorandum of Understanding
- ASAP MOU
- NRLA – National Railway Labor Act
- Negotiations Committee Description
- Negotiations Committee Page
Contact the Negotiations Committee
- Quick Submit – Negotiations Assistance Request
- Committee Roster
- Negotiations Committee E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Volunteering with AFA Compass? Please Contact