SCP Memorandum of Understanding
Posting and Awarding of Monthly Bid
- Bid packages will be made available electronically by 1200 central time on or before the tenth (10th) of the month.
- Bids will open at 1200 central time on the tenth (10th) of the month.
New F. Schedule Completion Period (SCP)
- Flight Attendants who’s projected Scheduled Credit Time at the end of the PBS award process is less than the monthly guarantee shall be required to participate in the Schedule Completion Period. Flight Attendants who were not eligible to bid a schedule pursuant to Section 6.D., and Flight Attendants whose projected Scheduled Credit Time at the end of the PBS award process is more than the minimum monthly guarantee, or who have been awarded a CDO Schedule shall not participate. Crew Planning will electronically post the list of Flight Attendants required to participate in the SCP with the schedule awards, pursuant to Section 6.E.6.
- Bidding and Awarding of SCP Bids
- The deadline for submitting SCP bids is 1200 central time, two (2) Calendar Days following the posting of monthly schedule awards. SCP results shall be processed in a batch and posted twenty-four (24) hours following the close of SCP bidding. Open Time Live processing will being at 1400 central time following the posting of the SCP.
- Flight Attendants may submit requests to add an additional Trip(s) or to swap a Trip(s) from their schedules for an open Trip(s).
- No partial Trip swaps are permitted.
- No out-of-Domicile Trip adds or swaps are permitted.
- Schedule Adjustment Requests for specific Trips identified by Pairing number will be worked in Seniority order using the Company’s electronic Crew Scheduling and Schedule Adjustment systems.
- Requests may be submitted that would normally not be awarded as part of a line due to non-FAR day off and rest requirements applicable to line construction. All requests a Flight Attendant submits will be processed, provided that the Flight Attendant’s schedule at the end each bid submission is projected to be equal to or greater than its credit value prior to the bid submission being processed.
- If a Flight Attendant projects below the minimum guarantee point at the end of the SCP, the Company may, pursuant to this Section., add Reserve duty days (in that order) to the Flight Attendant’s line and reduce the number of days off to a minimum of eleven (11). The number of Reserve days added will be determined in the following manner.
Each Reserve day will have a value of four (4) hours (for purposes of adding Reserve days only). The number of Reserve days will be calculated as follows: The Flight Attendant’s Scheduled Credit Time at the end of the SCP will be subtracted from the minimum guarantee and divided by four (4). A number less than four (4) will be rounded up to a whole day. The result will be the number of Reserve days added, except that any Reserve days that would bring the Flight Attendant below the minimum number of days off will not be added.
- SCP is an extension of the monthly schedule bidding and award process referenced in Sections 6.C. and 6.E. All PBS line construction provisions shall be followed, except as provided in Section 6.E.2.(f) above.
- SCP results will be posted via the Company’s electronic Crew Scheduling system.
This agreement will replace and make void the MOU on Mixed Line flying entered into on _________________.
SCP will be tested for a period of seven (7) bid periods. After any mutually agreed to changes are made to the SCP bidding and award process, SCP will become a part of the monthly Flight Attendant bid and award process.
The SCP process will begin with the January September 2016 bid process. Prior to the SCP trial process start the parties will have ample time to communicate this process to the Flight Attendants. The Company agrees to share, no less than 24 hours in advance, with the MEC Scheduling Chair, or her/his designee, the communication they are sending to the Compass Flight Attendants on this change.
During the trial AFA Scheduling Chair, or her/his designee, may be present for the bid process and awards. Following the end of the trial, the AFA Scheduling Chair will be provided copies of the SCP awards no later than 72 hours after the bid process closes.