Membership Committee Description
Composition and Qualifications:
This committee shall be composed of a chairperson and the necessary number of members to fulfill the responsibilities depending upon the size of the Local Council. Good organizational skills and computer access/ familiar with Excel spreadsheets. Maintain regular communication with management counterparts.
Purpose and Scope:
To assist the Local Council officers by keeping accurate membership addresses and phone numbers, email addresses and other record information.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep name and address/ phone number and e-mail lists current. Keep records up to date regarding leaves, terminations, and transfers to management or other departments, base transfers, This information should be given to the Local Council officers as well as the International office/ Membership Dept. in Washington, DC.
- Enlist new members through a program of active
- Contact all new flight attendants and explain apprentice membership and the union in general. Be able to answer member questions regarding dues and arrears
- Committee members are responsible for coordinating with the LEC chair on any updated member
- The LEC chair shall report all updates to the LEC officers, the MEC chair and the AFA-CWA Membership Dept in
- The committee will act as liaison between the membership and the LEC
- Any files or other data must be turned over to the LEC officers when a committee member departs the
- The committee shall not make a policy which conflicts with LEC or AFA-CWA policy.
- Recommendations for change shall be presented to the LEC officers in
Any AFA-CWA committee appointed by the LEC and empowered to conduct discussions with management on behalf of the flight attendants must first meet with the LEC officers prior to forming any agreement to gain the direction of the LEC.