Insurance Committee Description
Composition and Qualifications:
The members of the AFA-CWA Insurance Committee shall be knowledgeable in contractually-provided insurance programs at the airline.
Purpose and Scope:
The committee shall assist flight attendants with problems related to claims under their insurance/ benefits program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- The committee shall advise the membership of any changes in company, legislative or judicial policy regarding their insurance benefits.
- The committee shall disseminate such information in a manner to keep the membership well informed in coordination with the LEC officers.
- Committee members are responsible for coordinating with the chair of the committee, who then shall be responsible for reporting to the LEC officers.
- The chair of the committee shall maintain records and transfer them to her/his successor.
- The committee shall report to the LEC officers on any related discussion with management.
- The committee will act as liaison between the membership and the LEC officers.
- The committee shall not make a policy that conflict with LEC or AFA-CWA policy.
- Recommendations for change shall be presented to the LEC officers in writing.
Any AFA-CWA committee appointed by the LEC and empowered to conduct discussion with management on behalf of the flight attendants must first meet with the LEC officers prior to forming any agreement to gain the direction of the LEC.
Prior to Section 6 negotiations, the committee chairperson shall submit their recommendations to the Negotiating Committee.