New Hire and Mentor Committee
Quick Overview: Supports and mentors new hire flight attendants.
- What does the New Hire and Mentor Committee Do?
- Why Would I Contact the New Hire and Mentor Committee?
- Who Do I Contact for Assistance?
- AFA Committees are staffed by member flight attendants, if you have the desire to be a part of this committee or a different AFA Compass Committee, please let your LEC and MEC officers know.
- New Hire and Mentor Committee News
What Does the New Hire and Mentor Committee Do?
Changing jobs is a challenge for most people and that is especially true if you are entering the airline industry for the first time. New hire flight attendants quickly learn that this is not a 9 to 5 job and much of what it takes to have a successful airline career is learned on the job and often on their own. The new hire committee is a resource for you to ask questions and share ideas to make the transition to the industry and Compass smoother.
Why Would I Contact the New Hire and Mentor Committee?
If you are new to Compass or new to the airline industry, you will discover the flight attendant career is unique. You will spend much of your time being independent, away from the eye of a supervisor. Such freedom can create some challenges.
When transitioning from a ‘typical’ day job to that of being on a flight crew, mentors with flying experience can be extremely helpful.
Who Do I Contact for Assistance on the New Hire and Mentor Committee?
Links for New Hire Committee Assistance, Resources and Questions
- How do I?
- Information and About Resources
- Dues and Agency Fee Explanation
- Question and Answers
- Before and After Our First Contract – Overview
- Membership – Quick Overview
- What Is AFA – Quick Overview
- AFA International Membership Services Web Site
- LAX Survival Guide
- New Hire and Mentor Committee Description
If you are interested in joining the AFA Compass New Hire and Mentor Committee or any other Committee, please contact: