Quick Overview: Your advocate if you are facing investigation, discipline or termination and investigates, files and supports contract grievances that are not discipline related.
- What does the Grievance Committee Do?
- Why Would I Contact the Grievance Committee?
- Who Do I Contact for Assistance?
- AFA Committees are staffed by member flight attendants, if you have the desire to be a part of this committee or a different AFA Compass Committee, please let your LEC and MEC officers know.
- Grievance Committee News
What Does the Grievance Committee Do?
The purpose of this committee is to advocate for non-probationary Compass flight attendants’ facing disciplinary action and to challenge contract violations by the company on behalf of all Compass flight attendants. The grievance committee is also charged with reviewing each case individually to ensure that any incident is truly a grievance, and does not fit only the criteria of a personal frustration.
Why Would I Contact the Grievance Committee?
AFA Grievance reps are your first point of contact if you are facing a discipline situation or feel that there has been a contract violation. In either case the contract specifies specific time periods that a grievance can be filed.
- Discipline Issues: The Grievance Committee upholds Compass flight attendants’ rights as ‘Just Cause’ employees. If you are a non-probationary flight attendant facing an Investigatory meeting, you have the right to an advocate.
- Contract Issues: Any contract violation affects all Compass flight attendants. If you see or are affected by such a violation, the Grievance Committee will address that issue with the company. You do not need to be off probation in order to have your contract issue or violation addressed.
Non probationary flight attendants can be represented by an AFA grievance representative during an investigation meeting with the company if one is available. Flight attendants also have the right to have a witness present if a grievance rep is not available. A Grievance representative must be asked for by the flight attendant if they are scheduled for an investigatory meeting. The company is under no obligation to AFA Compass to inform us that an investigatory meeting has been scheduled.
Who Do I Contact for Assistance on the Grievance Committee?
A grievance rep does not have to be a member of your Council or be based in your domicile in order to assist you. Many Compass grievance representatives participate in investigatory meetings by phone.
Links for Assistance and Questions
ARE YOU BEING CALLED IN FOR AN INVESTIGATORY MEETING
YOU JUST RECEIVED A DISCIPLINED…NOW WHAT?
- First Calll for Help… (Read this First)
- Your Rights to Union Representation
- Witness to an Investigation Documenting Form
- Just Cause Rules Overview
- Grievance Protection Overview
- Types of Grievances (Discipline and MEC/Contract)
- Do You Have a Grievance – A Questionare
- Requesting Your Personnel Records From the Company
- AFA International Legal Web Site
If you are interested in joining the AFA Compass Grievance Committee or any other Committee, please contact: