Government Affairs Committee
Quick Overview: To monitor and pursue legislative activities that relate to the AFA-CWA political agenda, and to build positive relationship with your elected officials.
- What does the Government Affairs Committee Do?
- Why Would I Contact the Government Affairs Committee?
- Who Do I Contact for Assistance?
- AFA Committees are staffed by member flight attendants, if you have the desire to be a part of this committee or a different AFA Compass Committee, please let your LEC and MEC officers know.
- Government Affairs Committee News
What Does the Government Affairs Committee Do?
- Make suggestions on initiatives that could be pursued in legislative affairs and political matters at the local level to the LEC. All problems/issues shall be discussed with the LEC president and MEC chair for coordination at the airline level, or for processing at the AFA-CWA International level.
- Schedule meetings with local elected officials and key staff.
- Act on and follow through on directives as established in the AFA-CWA Constitution & Bylaws, Policy Manual, and FlightPAC.
- Act on recommendations of the AFA-CWA Director of Government Affairs and AFA-CWA Legislative Policy Committee.
- Offer timely communications/reports to the LEC regarding status of local activities.
- Review material, handle correspondence, and keep local council members well informed of current legislative developments through existing local council publications and reports at local council meetings.
Why Would I Contact the Government Affairs Committee?
If you have a question, concern or suggestions regarding AFA and its political affairs, this is your vehicle.
Who Do I Contact for Assistance on the Government Affairs Committee?
- Government Affairs Committee Description
- Government Affairs Flyer
- AFA International Government Affairs Web Site
- AFA International Latest News Feed
- POPVOX.com – Informing you about what is happening in government on the State and Federal level