(Safety) The Air, Safety, Health and Security Committee
Quick Overview: Advocates for flight attendants health, safety and training procedures. This is accomplished by meeting directly with Compass Managment, the FAA and partner airlines.
- What does the Safety Committee Do?
- Why Would I Contact the Safety Committee?
- Who Do I Contact for Assistance?
- AFA Committees are staffed by member flight attendants, if you have the desire to be a part of this committee or a different AFA Compass Committee, please let your LEC and MEC officers know.
- Safety Committee News
What Does the Safety Committee Do?
This committee works with management, government agencies and flight attendants on matters pertaining to cabin and flight attendant safety and health. The safety chair is the primary contact with management, the FAA and the Air Safety, Health and Security Department at the AFA-CWA International office.
Why Would I Contact the Safety Committee?
The Safety Committee is your vehicle for expressing your concerns or to notify the rest of the Flight Attendant group about new issues concerning safety, health and security.
- Please also submit a FAIR when you contact the Safety Committee.
- When submitting complaints please be sure to include as much information as possible.
- Here are some examples: Name, Date, Flight Number, Description of Incident, Actions taken, Employee Number, Pictures, names of those involved.
- Some of these are only applicable depending on the incident.
Who Do I Contact for Assistance on the Safety Committee?
- Safety Committee Description
- Safety Flyer
- AFA International Safety (ASHS) Web Site
- Compass Safety Reporting Web Site Updated
- Safety Reporting “How To” FAIR
- On Board Medical Assistance Form
- In Flight Disturbance and Safety Report
If you are interested in joining the AFA Compass Air, Safety, Health and Security Committee please contact: